There is a common misconception that women shouldn’t take whey protein. There are beliefs that whey protein is just for body builders and it will make females bulky. False.
I’ve been on whey protein for a year. I’m still the size of a 4th grader, except I’m stronger than
most of them. To be completely honest, I wish I had started much sooner.
Why? Well, I’ll tell you.
- Protein helps the body recover after intense exercise. It does this by restoring glycogen levels.
- Protein prevents muscle breakdown.
- Protein helps build muscle.
Why will whey not make women bulky?
- It takes YEARS of discipline and intense weight lifting to attain a body-builder physique.
- Protein powder doesn’t contain testosterone.
Muscle shouldn’t be an offsetting word for women. In fact, having muscles helps you burn fat. It takes more energy (calories) for your body to maintain 1 lb of muscle than it does to maintain 1 lb of fat.
So, in short, no, whey protein will not turn women into huge hulk-like body builders. Or to be punny, no whey will it turn women into hulk.
For extra clarification….this never happened to me…
And to be honest, I was already on protein in that top photo.